One of the main important things that the pandemic has taught us is that taking time away from screens is always beneficial. Besides straining our eyes, it’s been widely proven that our phones and other sources of screens are bad for skincare. The blue light they generate can infiltrate the various layers of our skin and wear down collagen and elastin, speeding up the ageing and swelling of skin cells.
- Oil Free Gel Moisturiser with Niacinamide, Blue Light Protect ₹645.00
- Chocolate Coffee Face Wash (200ml) ₹649.00
- Caffeinated Face Wash Cleanser With Coffee Bean Extract & Coconut Cake Powder (Sulfate & Paraben Free) (100 ml) ₹350.00
- Earth Rhythm Phyto Repair Vitamin C + Matrixyl 3000 Advanced Cell Repair Moisturiser 50gm ₹749.00
Blue Light— What Is It And How It Affects Our Skin
You undoubtedly already know the need for sunscreen if you’re concerned about keeping your skin healthy as you age. Protecting our skin from environmental aggressors is extremely important. You’re also likely aware of the differences between UVA and UVB radiation. However, blue light and its effects on the skin may be less well-known.
So, What Exactly is Blue Light?
UV, visible, and infrared light are all types of light produced by the sun. Visible light makes up half of the solar spectrum. UV and infrared rays make up the other half. High Energy Visible Light, or HEV Light, is the visible spectrum’s blue/violet band.
Wavelengths are the units of measurement for light. UVA comprises wavelengths ranging from 320 to 400 nanometers. UVB wavelengths range from 280 to 320 nanometers. Blue light has wavelengths ranging from 380 to 500 nm. The depth to which each wavelength can infiltrate skin is determined by these wavelength measurements. The epidermis, or top layer of skin, absorbs UVB rays, which have a smaller wavelength. These rays cause sunburn as well as certain types of skin cancer. The dermis, or the middle layer of skin, absorbs UVA radiation. UVA radiation unnaturally ages your skin, causing age spots, and the development of various cancers. The hypodermis, or the deepest layer of skin, is known to be penetrated by blue light, which has the longest wavelength.
Product Description : Natural Vibes Broad Spectrum Sunblock Lotion with SPF 30 is an outdoor and indoor waterproof sunscreen + anti pollution lotion. This triple function sunblock will provide you with protection from UVA/UVB rays and blue light. While sunlight and polluted air are the main source of harmful elements outdoor, LED lights and electronic gadgets generate equally harmful rays indoor. Our sunblock lotion protects you from both. Toxic nanoparticles in the air and sunburns can weaken your skin leading to broken collagen, dark patches, redness, acne and dryness. Our sunblock will shield your skin by creating a protective barrier that will block the toxins from clogging your pores. It will minimize sun damage and fight radicals that cause premature signs of ageing.
Why SPF 30?
SPF 30 shields your skin from 97% of the UV rays while SPF 50 shields your skin from 98% of UV rays. Higher SPF does not necessarily mean greater protection. No sunscreen can block 100% of suns rays. We have not used any harmful and chemical based toxic SPF. We have in fact used a natural Ayurvedic sun shield called Yashad Bhasma.
Natural benefits gifted by our Mother Nature â€“
1. Yashad Bhasma is the most effective and safe natural sunscreen alternative. An integral part of Ayurveda for centuries, yashad bhasma works on all skin types. It blocks the UV rays, thereby protecting your skin from creation of dark spots.
2. Narangi Oranges are helpful in deflecting the harmful UV rays and blue light from attacking the skin cells. Due to its high content of citric acid, oranges are a natural bleaching agent which make them effective in reducing dark patches and pigmented areas.
3. Amla can make you turn back the ageing clock, in a manner of speaking. The antioxidants and enzymes present in it prevent UV rays and pollution from attacking your skins elasticity thereby minimizing premature ageing.
4. Lemon due to its exfoliating properties assists in enhancing the glow and softness of the skin. The citric acid present in the lemon helps in skin brightening and getting rid of the dead and dry skin cells.
5. Carrot seed is known as a "healer" in Ayurveda because it has the ability to calm both the vata and kapha dosha's. Carrot seed can heal and soothe your skin thereby revitalizing it. Its natural minerals will act as rejuvenation boosters.
6. Papaya is excellent for reversing the damage done to the skin by external elements especially uneven pigmentation. The enzymes present in papaya dissolve inactive proteins and in turn bring back your original skin tone, only cleaner and brighter.
7. Wheatgerm is loaded with Vitamin E and B6 which helps in fighting excessive dryness caused by the harsh external elements. It makes sure that the moisture stays locked in.
8. Aloe Vera is called â€˜kumariâ€™ in Sanskrit, which means young girl. This is because of its ability to make you look much younger. Aloe Vera contains 96% water, which seeps through your skin and removes dead skin cells affected by these elements making your skin soft and supple.
9. Tea Tree Oil is a "tridosha" pacifier due to its cooling and moisturizing qualities. It will calm the redness, irritation or inflammation caused by UV rays and blue light. Also it has the ability to penetrate deep into your pores preventing it from clogging and creating acne.
10. Jethimadh (Licorice) is a must in a natural sunscreen as it promotes a brighter skin tone eliminating the dullness. It helps your skin to calm down and relax.
11. Peaches are rich in Vitamin A and C. It is a superb anti oxidant that will protect your skin from the sun and the pollution. It will prevent sun induced skin ageing and improve your skins overall health
How to use :
1. Apply the sunblock lotion liberally on bare face and neck 10 minutes before you leave home. This helps the skin to absorb the same. Waiting until the last minute leaves your skin unprotected and prone to burns.
2. You can also mix a few drops of the sunblock lotion with your foundation and apply on the face.
3. You are exposed to sun's rays and pollution even on rainy/cloudy days or during winter. Applying our sunblock lotion is a must, no matter the weather.
4. It is a myth that skin protection is only needed when outdoor. Blue light generated from our indoor electronic gadgets and LED lights are equally harmful for the skin. Apply the sunblock lotion even on days that are spent indoor.
Product Ingredient : Aloe vera, Wheatgerm oil, Yashad Bhasma, Papaya, Jethimadh, Tea Tree Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Amla, Peach, Lemon Peel and Orange
Shelf Life : 36 months
Country of Origin : India
Brand Name : Natural Vibes
Blue Light- Why Is It Problematic?
Blue light has been demonstrated in experiments to cause oxidative stress in live skin, posing a risk of skin damage via free radical production. Blue light can travel all the way to our epidermis, where collagen and elastin reside, causing our skin to lose firmness and noticeable wrinkles to form.
One other way that blue light may age our skin is through pigmentation. In comparison to UV radiation, visible light appears to be more aggressive in generating pigmentation, according to various studies. Because blue light influences the level of melatonin, our sleep hormone, it also jeopardises our beauty sleep by disturbing our normal circadian cycle.
Rejuvenate your lacklustre, dull, sluggish skin with the vitamin enriched WOW Skin Science Himalayan Rose Face Serum. It is a light weight and moisturizing serum to help nourish, tone and brighten your skin. Infused with the antioxidant and vitamin rich goodness of Rose Essential Oil, Beetroot Extract, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid. The serum helps to moisturize and repair skin, minimize fine lines and blemishes, tone pores, calm redness, and brighten complexion. It refines skin texture and brightens complexion. Leaves your skin fragrant with exotic floral scent.
Rose essential oil in the serum is rich in flavonoids, vitamins A, B, C & E and essential minerals. It helps to tone skin, calm dryness, reduce signs of aging and improve skin texture. Beetroot extract is loaded with vitamin C, iron and antioxidant betaine. It helps to clear blemish, even out complexion and restore radiance to skin. Hyaluronic acid is a natural moisturizer that supports collagen structure and protects skin’s natural moisture barrier. Pro Vitamin B5 is a natural skin hydrator that helps to moisturize, soothe and regenerate skin. Finally, vitamin E is also a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and helps enhance skin’s elasticity and ability to retain moisture. Ideal for dry, sensitive, oily and combination skin types. Results may vary depending on usage and condition of your skin. Use twice daily to maximize the benefits of the serum.
How to Use: STEP 1
After cleansing face, dispense a pea sized amount on your palm
Smooth it on your face and neck. Dab & press, do not vigorously rub.
Wait till the serum is fully absorbed into the skin. No need to wash off
Benefits: Helps reduce dullness and acne spots, even out skin tone, helps strengthen skin’s lipid barrier to prevent moisture loss.
Country of Origin: India
Brand: WOW Skin Science
Have You Wondered How Your Smart Phone Affects Your Skin?
The sun isn’t the only source of blue light. It’s also produced by electronic gadgets like laptops, smartphones, and tablets, making it even more impactful on skin appearance and health. Consider how much time you spend each day in front of a computer or on your phone. Isn’t it hours and hours? These electronic devices generate blue light all of the time, hastening photodamage. Thus, indoors or outside, your skin is constantly exposed to blue light and might well be damaged by it.
So, what can we do to combat this prevalent evil? Here are four easy methods to deal with it right now.
When At Home, Sunscreen Is A Must
While many people now use sunscreen to safeguard their skin outside, interior use of sunscreen, which can help protect against blue light, is less common. We suggest zinc oxide-based sunscreens because they serve as a barrier by lying on the skin’s surface and preventing and absorbing harmful radiation. Chemical SPF formulae don’t do much to protect skin from the visible light spectrum, however, physical SPFs can. If you still want to go for chemical sunscreens, look for ones that contain blue light-neutralizing components.
Make Antioxidants Your Buddies
Blue light causes oxidative stress in the skin, which must be combated using topical antioxidants since sunscreen alone does not suffice. Vitamin C, Ferulic acid, and Phloretin are all useful components to include in your skincare routine to combat free radicals and pigmentation. Those with duskier complexion can also consider using Tranexamic acid to help prevent pigmentation.
Coverage + Protection — Use BB creams
Products that include light-reflecting colouration, such as BB cream, which has the ability to diminish the effects of blue light by 80%, can assist in functioning as a shield for the skin against blue light in the very same manner that physical sunscreens can. Consider it a skincare steal- radiant skin plus blue light protection both in one single product.
Make Your Skin Barrier Stronger
Taking care of your skin barrier should be your main goal if you want to fight blue light. Most of us are prone to going overboard with active chemicals and multi-step skincare regimes, but minimalism can benefit our skin barrier. Look for components like niacinamide, which helps skin cells recuperate from oxidative stress while also improving the skin’s barrier. Ceramides and hyaluronic acid are all wonderful barrier-boosting components that are gentle on the skincare.
The above-mentioned steps can help you fight blue light and preserve your skin from premature ageing. Healthy skin is a result of consistent effort!
To explore the wide range of organic skincare products, which are available at a flat 25% discount, visit femica.