If you’re anything like the Gen-Zs or the Zillanials, you probably spend too much time watching beauty tutorials on YouTube. And if you are into influencers and the latest Makeup look, you’ve probably noticed that there seems to be a new trend every other day.
And the latest on the lip trend is? Ombre lips!
But what exactly is an ombre lip? And how is it different from a gradient lip? Well, allow us to break it down for you.
First time user 💸Grab 50% 💸off on your favourite products by using promo code FEM50 now! ❣️
Lip & Cheek tint
- Earth Rhythm Lip & Cheek Tint, Certified Natural, Vegan Friendly 5gm (Cherry) ₹374.25
- Cherry Tinted 100% Natural Lip Balm for Women with Cherry and Coconut Oil - 2 g ₹274.00
- Lip & Cheek Tint Sweet Smiles ₹521.00
- Lip & Cheek Tint - Don't Shy Away ₹521.00
Lips Trend Explained
An ombre lip makeup is created by applying a light shade of lipstick to the centre of the lips and then gradually increasing the intensity of the colour as you move toward the edges. This can be done with two lipsticks of different shades or by using a single lipstick and blending it out with a brush.
The result is a soft and natural-looking gradient of colour that can range from subtle to dramatic makeup look. You must have seen this. A lot of you are into Korean-style Face makeup! Whether a dinner date, brunch with the girls or a hectic day at work, this beetroot lip and cheek tint is perfect for all occasions! Super versatile uses that allow you to go glam or get that perfect no-makeup makeup look in a jiffy. Just roll on some of the lush liquid tint and dab it quickly to get a flawless flush of pink. Key features: HOW TO USE: BENEFITS: Best Seller. Beetroot Pigmented. Rosy Glow. INGREDIENT: Water, Glycerine, Beetroot Powder, Betaine, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (EWG Rating - 3, used in minimal %), Benzyl Alcohol* & Salicylic Acid* & Glycerine* & Sorbic Acid*, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate / VP Copolymer (EWG Rating - 1), Flavour**, Colour (CI 15850) ~and nothing else. *ECOCERT Approved **Food Grade Flavour Shelf Life: 24 Months Country of Origin: India Brand: ilana
Beet Tint 10ml
- Multipurpose use: Can be used as a lip stain, blush, and eyeshadow
- Transfer proof and smudge-proof formula
- Longlasting flush of colour
- Natural-looking tint that does not leave patches upon application
- Smooth application with a unique roll on
- Easy to blend
- Quick application perfect for beginners
- Made with 98% naturally derived ingredients
- Free from harmful toxins and uses ECOCERT-approved organic ingredients
- 100% vegan
- Suitable for sensitive skin as it does not clog pores
Step 1: Shake the bottle well (the pigment might settle at the bottom).
Step 2: Glide the roll on on the desired area of application.
Step 3: Quickly blend with your fingers. Step 4: Roll on the lips. Step 5: Spread well.
Whether a dinner date, brunch with the girls or a hectic day at work, this beetroot lip and cheek tint is perfect for all occasions! Super versatile uses that allow you to go glam or get that perfect no-makeup makeup look in a jiffy. Just roll on some of the lush liquid tint and dab it quickly to get a flawless flush of pink.
HOW TO USE:
BENEFITS: Best Seller. Beetroot Pigmented. Rosy Glow.
INGREDIENT: Water, Glycerine, Beetroot Powder, Betaine, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (EWG Rating - 3, used in minimal %), Benzyl Alcohol* & Salicylic Acid* & Glycerine* & Sorbic Acid*, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate / VP Copolymer (EWG Rating - 1), Flavour**, Colour (CI 15850) ~and nothing else. *ECOCERT Approved **Food Grade Flavour
Shelf Life: 24 Months
Country of Origin: India
On the other hand, a gradient lip is achieved by applying a darker shade of lipstick to the outer edges of the lips and then gradually fading it inwards towards the centre. This can be done with two lipsticks or dark lipstick and blending it outwards with a brush.
The final result is a more defined and deliberate gradient of colour that tends to be more intense than an ombre lip. Who better than the queen of trends, AKA Kim Kardashian, can pull off a gradient lip look?
Step-by-Step Makeup Tutorial
Now that we’ve clarified the difference between an ombre and a gradient lip, let’s jump into the step-by-step tutorial!
ProTip: Apply concealer or nude lipstick on your lips for a perfect result.
- For an ombre lip, start by applying your lightest shade of nude matte lipstick to the centre of your lips. Use a brush to blend the colour outwards towards the edges. Make sure to use gentle and light strokes so that you don’t leave any harsh lines for an even, natural look.
Product Description :Â A Lip and Cheek tint that makes you fall in love with it's goodness and natural beetroot/rose/orange extracts. The super pigmented lightweight formula gives you a perfect sheer touch and glides on your lips, cheeks and eyelids with one smooth application.
With innovatively designed roll on applicator at top, this tint is a game changer.
This product is as amazing and versatile as your smile. Give it all the love and rock your beauty look, whether at day outing with your girls, a dinner date or that work from home meeting.
How to use :Â
â€¢ Glide it on your face, lips or lids with the help on roll on applicator
â€¢ Dab the tint with your hands to give that smooth blended look
â€¢ Shake well before use to blend the goodness of natural oils and pigments
Benefits of using this product :Â
â€¢ Natural beetroot/rose/orange peel extracts for that gorgeous vibrant tinge of color
â€¢ Cruelty Free
â€¢ Smudge proof
â€¢ Lightens Lip tones and moisturizes chapped lips
Shelf Life :Â 36Â months
Country of Origin :Â India
Brand NameÂ :Â Esch BeautyÂ
- Next, apply a darker shade of lipstick to the outer corners focusing on the cupid’s bow, and then blend it inwards. You can also use two different lipsticks for this to create a more dramatic look, like a combination of rose and red lipstick.
- Finish off the look using a lip brush to soften harsh lines and blend the rose and red lipstick colours together. Then, add some gloss or glitter in the centre of your lips for an extra pop!
- For gradient lip makeup, start by applying your darkest shade of lipstick after applying concealer to the outer edges and corners of your lips. Use a brush to blend it inwards towards the centre, and make sure to use light strokes so that you don’t leave behind any harsh lines.
A long wearing, easy to blend light gel~cream blush made with natural ingredients that gives your cheeks, eyelids and lips a seamless, creamy matte finish colour.
• Buildable, easy to blend natural blush that is perfect for all Indian skin tones and adds a dreamy colour with just one application.
• Added Lemon Peel Ferment Probiotics keep your skin healthy, reduces acne & heals dry skin.
• Aloe Vera base soothes any irritation and also offers lightweight hydration.
• Plant Keratin hydrates and conditions skin.
• Tocopherol provides anti oxidant boost and makes your skin soft and supple.
• Free from harmful synthetic chemicals and uses organic ingredients approved by ECOCERT.
HOW TO USE:
Step 1: Gently squeeze a dot size amount onto your clean fingertip and apply onto the apples of your cheeks, lips and eyelids for a cute monotone look.
Step 2: On your cheeks, blend out and upwards quickly with your fingers.
Step 3: Blend on your eyelids and lips. Build it up for a stronger colour.
BENEFITS: Aloe Based Blush. Phyto-Probiotic Boost. Unmatched Colour Pay Off. Water Based Cream-Gel Formula.
INGREDIENT: Water, Mica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl olivate, Cetearyl olivate,sorbitan olivate, cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, water & lactobacillus/ lemon peel ferment extract, Hydrolyzed corn protein,hydrolyzed wheat protein & hydrolyzed soy protein, Persea gratissima oil, Glycerin, Ricinus communis seed oil, cetyl alcohol, Squalane, Phenylpropanol,propanediol,caprylyl glycol,tocopherol, Tocopherol, Fragrance*, Sodium hyaluronate, CI No 77891,CI No15880, CI No 12085,CI No 15850 ~ And Nothing Else *IFRA certified
Shelf Life: 24 Months
Country of Origin: India
- Next, add some of your lighter lipstick in the centre of your lips and blend it outwards with a brush. Finish off the look by using a lip brush to soften any harsh lines and blend the colours together.
And voila! Now you have your perfect ombre or gradient lip look that you can rock for any occasion! Don’t forget to use foundation to cover up any excess makeup on your Face makeup and to shop all such products visit Femica.
1. What is the difference between an ombre lip and a gradient lip?
An ombre lip is created by applying a light shade of lipstick to the centre of the lips and then gradually increasing the intensity of the colour as you move toward the edges. On the other hand, a gradient lip is achieved by applying a darker shade of lipstick to the outer edges of the lips and then gradually fading it inwards towards the centre.
2. What products do I need for an ombre or gradient lip look?
For both looks, you’ll need foundation, two lipsticks (one light and one dark) and a lip brush to blend the colours together. You can also add some gloss or glitter in the centre of your lips for an extra pop!
3. Which look should I choose?
It really depends on your personal preference. If you want a softer and more natural-looking gradient of colour, then go for an ombre lip. If you prefer a more intense and defined gradient, then go for a gradient lip. You can also mix things up and experiment until you find what works best for you!
- Disguise All Day Gel Kajal (Black Onyx, 0.35 g) ₹337.00
- Pure Skin Liquid Foundation, Sun Beige, 30 ml ₹399.00
- Liquid Lipstick Play Paint Paint the town red ₹550.00
- Kajal Nude Quartz All Day Gel (35g) ₹337.00
Also Read: Bridal Haldi Makeup Tips To Rock The Event